A Great Day for a Sellout Crowd at Annual Builders Golf Outing
1st Place winners, The Connell, Inc.
Another sell-out crowd had a great time at this year’s Builders Association Annual Golf Outing, including the opportunity to experience the solar eclipse during the event. Held at Avalon @ Squaw Creek on Monday, August 21, 2017, the scramble format was complimented with an impromptu afternoon rain shower, but that didn’t dampen the spirits of the golfers, and only caused a temporary delay to their rounds.
Congratulations to the winning team (shown on the right) of Stanley Czeck, Pete Sabatino, Rick Vesy and Shane Heasley of Connell, Inc.
Second place went to the team of Mike Kapics, Griffin Todd, Josh Toot and Dan Schiavone Jr. of Hill Barth & King CPA’s & Consultants.
A1 Industrial Painting, Inc.’s team of Jack Maillis, Matt Karlovic, Eric Rundiak and Jim Armeni won third place.
The Jack Gibson Construction Company team of Bob Hughes, Tom Marshall, Ray Fauvie and Jason Gibson awarded the most honest team prize.
Jay Crafton of BSHM Architects was our raffle drawing’s grand-prize winner! Jay won a new set of golf clubs, including woods, irons and a bag.
Putting contest winner Dan Schiavone, Sr.
Those earning skill contests are as follows:
- Closest to the Pin: Dan Schiavone Jr., Jim Frasco, Andy Hippley and Jason Santini
- Closest to the Pin on the Second Shot: Mark Zeidenstein, Dave Cantanese, Keith Miller and Tyler Powell of L. Calvin Jones & Co.; Nick Odille, Dennis Miller, Ron Hulett and Gabriel Derr of Hill Barth & King CPA’s & Consultants; and Tim Boehm, Jack Kucek, Steve Snyder and Steve Vargo of Connell, Inc.
- Longest Putts: Bill Hufford, Todd Keserich, Tyler Powell and Jerry Zreliak
- Longest Drives: Pat Leonard, Dennis Miller, Jim Armeni and Griffin Todd
- Straightest Drives: Brian Kassalen and Kurt Kester
- Shortest Drive: Don Newell
Unfortunately, we did not have any winners of the $10,000 cash prize for a hole in one, which was donated by Huntington Insurance.
The Builders Association expresses its gratitude to ANCORA for providing prizes for the first, second, third and most honest place participants, and to Hill, Barth and King, LLC for sponsoring the Putting Contest and providing other prizes for the participants.
The Builders Association also is grateful for the donations provided by Bodine Perry, LLC, BeneSys, Inc., Yurchyk & Davis CPA’s, Cowden Associates Actuaries & Consultants, And Co. Consulting, PNC Institutional Asset Management, Segal Marco Advisors, Segal Company, L. Calvin Jones & Co., J.P. Marsh & Co and Huntington Insurance and raffle prize donations provided by CompManagement, Bodine Perry, LLC, Yurchyk & Davis CPA’s and ADP.
Finally, a special thanks to the Builders Association’s Golf Outing Committee of Jeff Mason, Jeff Donatelli, Jim Santini, Bill Petro and George Johnson for making the golf outing an enjoyable and eventful day.
Check out a full photo album of the event on The Builders' Facebook page.